26 July 2008

"I AM A WEARY AND A LONESOME TRAVELER....."

Over at Rev. Kim's site, she has challenged us to post the maps of places we have visited in the US. This is mine.



visited 47 states (94%)
Create your own visited map of The United States or determine the next president


I also decided to see how much of the world I have visited. Here it is.


visited 23 states (10.2%)
Create your own visited map of The World or determine the next president

My Mom was an inveterate traveler, so many of our family vacations were made in the car. My favorites: summers at the Lake of the Ozarks and the long trip from southern Illinois to California. (She and Dad were enjoying a visit to Yosemite where they were stationed in 1945, and then on to Oakland to see the folks they rented rooms from at the end of his WWII Navy service in 1945 and early '46.)

1 comment:

Rev Kim said...

Wow, that's impressive! We also took many vacations by car when I was little. I have such fond memories of those times!

"USMC Travel and Adventure Club" (your comment on my blog) ~snicker~